ITD (District 1) is in the process of designing the "Pleasant View Rd & SH 53" Grade Separation Project. The following is the outline of the project as reported by ITD:
Pleasant View Road is a two lane north-south rural major-collector road in Kootenai County, within the Post Falls Highway District. It crosses the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) mainline near Highway 53. Pleasant View Road currently carries over 3000 vehicles per day. The BNSF line carries between 50 and 58 trains per day. Pleasant View Road crossing is currently protected by standard railroad gates and signals. This project will design Pleasant View Road to pass over three BNSF tracks and Highway 53. Preliminary thoughts on design are outlined below.
- The design of the overpass will accommodate SH-53 being expanded to four lanes in the future. Until that expansion occurs, SH-53 will remain two lanes, with possible additional turn bays in needed locations, as funding becomes available.
- The design will construct a diamond interchange at Pleasant View Road and SH-53.
- Pleasant View Road will be widened to four (4) lanes.
- New traffic signals will be installed at the ramps.
- The Hauser Lake Road / SH-53 intersection will be replaced with a cul-de-sac on the north side of the highway.
- A new connector road will link Hauser Lake Road to Pleasant View Road north of 53. Extending that to Hollister Hills Road will be investigated as part of the alternatives analysis.
A public meeting was held on February 9, 2012 at Hauser Lake City Hall. If you missed it, you can still ask questions and provide feedback.
For additional information and /or contact information, please go to the link below: