Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Some Good Roadside Finds

In my neighborhood, we do a cleanup day each year where we divide up area roads and pick up trash along them. Our annual clean up day was this past Saturday and I had some pretty good finds, besides the usual beer cans and bottles, cigarette butts, and whipped cream canisters.

I compete with a couple of the other ladies to see who can find the most interesting discarded items. I think I won this year with that pair of Calvin Kleins, although for the life of me I can't figure out how you could lose your underwear along the side of the road. I also found a pair of 'Ferrari' brand fold-up sunglasses in a case and an Eagles CD.

The good news is that there was less trash than past years so maybe people are getting better about throwing out their junk.

What's the weirdest thing you've found on the side of the road?

2 comments:

Chris Bosley said...

I've found two knives in the past year. Not weird but kind of creepy. One was a folding knife (unfolded) and the other was a very large kitchen knife. I occasionally find tools, too, but I'm not fortunate to find whitey tighties like that.

KMPO Staff said...

You're jealous aren't you Chris? :) One year during our cleanup I found several butter knives. What the heck... ?