Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Downside Of Owning A Vehicle

We've been talking a lot lately about how easy it is to get around Kootenai County because there's so little congestion. That leads many people, myself included, to own their own vehicle and to drive to the majority of places they frequent. There's a downside to that though and I'm experiencing it today.

I had so much overtime from all the meetings this week that I had to take today and tomorrow off. Am I lying on the beach though enjoying my day off? No. Fishing? No. Taking a hike? Mowing the lawn? Walking the dog? Creating a voodoo doll of my boss? No, none of the regular stuff I do on my days off. Instead I'm sitting in my mechanic's waiting room as he rattles off all the repairs I need. Here's the damage so far:

1 tie rod + 1 idler arm + 1 alignment + 4 new tires + 1 battery = Holy cow, Glenn I need a raise! I take back what I said about the voodoo doll. Riding my bike more often is looking better and better.

No comments:

Kootenai Metropolitan Planning Organization (KMPO) is the Metropolitan Planning Organization for Kootenai County, Idaho. Federal law requires urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people to have an MPO. KMPO was formed in 2003, to provide coordinated transportation planning within Kootenai county for the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and the Coeur d'Alene tribe.

KMPO's Board of Directors oversees KMPO for Kootenai County, ID. KMPO's Executive Director and Staff are responsible for day-to-day operational and administrative needs.