Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cat Utilizes Freeway Median

I was on I90 near Pleasant View yesterday afternoon when I noticed movement in the tall grass in the median. I slowed down so I could see what it was and saw a cat very obviously stalking something. On the one hand, the cat has an untapped hunting ground, because I've never seen any other cats in the middle of the freeway (at least not live ones) before. But on the other hand, I was worried about how it was going to get back across the road once it got it's meal.

No comments:

Kootenai Metropolitan Planning Organization (KMPO) is the Metropolitan Planning Organization for Kootenai County, Idaho. Federal law requires urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people to have an MPO. KMPO was formed in 2003, to provide coordinated transportation planning within Kootenai county for the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and the Coeur d'Alene tribe.

KMPO's Board of Directors oversees KMPO for Kootenai County, ID. KMPO's Executive Director and Staff are responsible for day-to-day operational and administrative needs.