Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Megaloads: Right Up There With Favre, Woods & James?

For the most part, I have avoided the topic of Megaloads on this blog. I'm not sure why, except that media coverage on it just seemed to go back and forth and I was waiting for more of a solid stance to be taken. And I was kind of tired of hearing about it. Apparently I wasn't the only one. This letter to the editor of the Lewiston Tribune may sum up the thoughts of a lot of people, only in a funnier context.

Letter to the editor: The Lewiston Tribune

LEWISTON - My friends and I were discussing which news items we are most tired of reading about: Brett Favre or the megaloads. Maybe we can get Favre to come out here and drive the first megaload off the dock. In addition, maybe we can get Tiger Woods and LeBron James to drive the pilot cars to accompany the first load.

And with a little luck, perhaps as they scream up the highway at 2 a.m. at 15 miles per hour gazing at the scenery in the dark, they might run over a wolf. The ensuing morning article will then wrap up the year's events in one news column and keep lawyers employed for years.

Tom Wright,
Lewiston


Anything Mr. Wright forgot to mention? I notice he didn't get Jesse James cheating on Sandra Bullock in there...

No comments: