Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

I90 Open Both Directions Now

Both east and westbound lanes of I-90 are now open to all traffic. However, due to erosion & some undermining of the shoulders, drivers must stay off the shoulders of I-90. Do not drive, stop or park on the shoulders of I-90 between North Bend & Easton. Here are some crazy pictures from Snoqualmie Pass that show why you couldn't use it prior to this morning.

The Washington State Department Of Transportation is also working to open I-5 from 11miles south of Chehalis to about 20 miles south of Olympia.

In the meantime, the closures have caused thousands of truckers to cool their heels on either side of the pass, causing area shortages on things like snow tires, snow chains, snow shovels and de-icer as well as a few types of groceries.Here's the story from the Spokesman-Review.

No comments: