Better get stretched out and limbered up because Monday you can start raking your leaves into the street in Coeur d'Alene for the city's annual leaf pick-up program.
Officials are asking that, because leaves can plug catch basins and storm drains, you keep leaves on your property until Monday, November 2nd. When you do rake them into the street, please rake them one foot away from the gutter line to allow for water drainage.
Actual leaf pickup starts the following Monday, Nov. 9. Due to weather conditions, equipment malfunctions, and unforeseen circumstances, city crews are unable provide a precise schedule of where leaf pick-up will take place. Pick-up will start south of Sherman Avenue and move north.
Here are some tips from the City of Coeur d'Alene regarding 'Leaf-Fest 2009:'
· Have your leaves out by November 2nd.
· Please move cars off of the street if at all possible during leaf pick-up.
· Keep the leaves about one foot off the curb line to facilitate stormwater flow.
· Be alert for leaf pick-up equipment traveling through your neighborhood.
· Keep a safe distance away from leaf pick-up heavy equipment.
· Bag the leaves.
· Mix branches, rubble or other refuse in with the leaves.
· Miss the deadline… we only have time for one pass!