Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Warm Weather Brings Out Walkers- And Near Misses

With the weather so warm, I've noticed a lot of people out walking lately. Including after dark. So thanks to the Coeur d'Alene Pedestrian & Bicycle Blog for posting tips for walking after dark. Here's a link to them.

Some of these may seem pretty obvious but hello- common sense. I had a meltdown last night because I almost hit a pedestrian. I came around a blind corner and there was a guy in the middle of the street crossing mid-block. I didn't even see him until I was almost on him though because he was wearing all dark clothing. He yelled at me like I probably deserved but after I calmed down I wanted to go back and yell at him for 1.) crossing mid-block 2.) crossing just on the other side of a blind corner and 3.) wearing black clothes while walking at night. Of course, I resisted the urge.

Have you had any close calls?

No comments: