The Idaho Transportation Department has put speed and weight restrictions on some state highways in north Idaho due to the recent freeze/thaw cycles. Some asphalt surfaces are showing signs of stress because of the freezing and thawing of the road base. Restrictions are in place for these state highways:
- Idaho 3, from Hells Gulch Road to Jct I-90
- Idaho 3 from Latah/Shoshone County line to Benewah/Shoshone County line
- Idaho 200 from Jct U.S. 95/Idaho 200 to the Montana State Line
- Idaho 57 from Priest River to Nordman
- U.S. 2 from Old Town to Sandpoint
Vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight of 10,000 lbs. or more will be restricted to 30 mph and 16,000 lbs. per axle, or legal axle weight, whichever is less. The restrictions are in place until further notice.