Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Work Plan For 2011

I recently had my job evaluation and was asked, as part of it, to set some professional goals for the upcoming year. These are a little late for the new year, but I guess they could kind of be considered 'resolutions.' So here's what I came up with that I would like to tackle at KMPO in 2011:

- 'Relaunch' KMPO blog and build up readership

- Start a KMPO Twitter account as yet another method of reaching the public

- Develop a social media policy

- Form a 'networking' group with other area Public Information professionals in the transportation field

- Market the Spokane Regional Transportation Management Center (SRTMC) to the public. While it is based in Spokane and only shows Spokane roads, the SRTMC can be a great resource for Idaho residents who commute to Spokane. The long term goal is to incorporate North Idaho traffic cameras into the SRTMC so if we get Idaho residents familiar with it now, they'll be ready and willing to use it when we start covering Idaho traffic too.

- Revise the KMPO Public Involvement Policy to make sure we are reaching all sectors of society.

Plus a million other little things that will come up between now and the end of the year that will take up most of my time. It seems mundane, but that's my list. What's your thoughts? This is just the 'public outreach' end of things because that's what I do, but are there any major areas KMPO is missing?

No comments: