I couldn't actually find it in the magazine, but the person who sent me the info below claimed to have gotten it from Auto Week Magazine.
With gas prices at a national average of $3.73, up 12 cents in the past week, there's been a lot of complaining about how much people are paying to fill their tanks.
In the scehme of things though, is gasoline really that expensive? Not when you compare it to the prices for other liquids. Here are some comparisons that Auto Week supposedly did. What if you were to fill your tank with...
- Diet Snapple- 16 oz for $1.29 = $10.32 per gallon
- Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz for $1.19 = $9.52 per gallon
- Gatorade 20 oz for $1.59 = $10.17 per gallon
- Ocean Spray 16 oz for $1.25 = $10.00 per gallon
- Quart of Milk 16 oz for $1.59 = $6.32 per gallon
- Evian (water) 9 oz for $1.49 = $21.19 per gallon
- STP Brake Fluid 12 oz for $3.15 = $33.60 per gallon
- Vicks Nyquil 6 oz for $8.35 = $178.13 per gallon
- Pepto Bismol 4 oz for $3.85 = $123.20 per gallon
- Whiteout 7 oz for $1.39 = $254.17 per gallon
- Scope 1.5 oz for $0.99 = $84.84 per gallon
Not looking so bad now is it? Now I just have to figure out where I can get a car that runs on Pepto Bismol...