Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Federal Program Experimenting With Having Police Officer Draw Blood

A new federal program is being test-driven (sorry for the pun) to see if police officers can effectively draw blood from drivers suspected of driving under the influence.

For years, defense attorneys in Idaho advised clients to always refuse breath tests, which leads to many drunken driving cases going to trial, which clogs up the court system. The hope is that allowing officers to draw blood would cut down on these trials.

Here's more on this story. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of cops wielding syringes. What's next, doctors having lights and sirens on their cars? I understand the premise, but unless I'm injured in an accident, I don't want anyone sticking a needle in my on the side of the highway. Your thoughts?

No comments: