Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If Only I Had Some Ideas...

So anyone know what those items in the picture are? Okay, done waiting for you to guess. Those are lights that were taken out of the traffic signals in Olympia when they moved to LED signals. I threw my flip flop in to give you an idea how big those bad boys are. And I wear a size 10 if that helps.

So why do I have these? A friend picked them up at the State Surplus Store (which is a wonderful place by the way)- for $1 each!! Now we have ten of them in our possession. Problem is, we're not sure what to do with them. So maybe you can help. Got any ideas for them? Maybe some modern art installation or making them into a chandelier or sculpture. I'm open to any suggestions you may have. They need to be rewired to make them light up but I don't think that will be too hard.

The winning idea gets a shout out here. And some KMPO letterhead, since that's the only item we have with our logo on it. Hey, we're a government agency, we can't afford all those fun promotional items that everyone else gives away.

No comments: