Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2009

Tax Soda Or Candy To Pay For Trails?

Among the ideas the state Parks Board threw out to fill the hole when their gas tax funding for trails goes away: Diverting sales taxes from sales of boats and off-road vehicles to trails; imposing a new tax on sporting goods to fund recreation; and slapping an extra tax on soda pop or candy, which 19 states already do.

Here are some other ideas from the Parks Board as well.

No comments:

Kootenai Metropolitan Planning Organization (KMPO) is the Metropolitan Planning Organization for Kootenai County, Idaho. Federal law requires urbanized areas with populations exceeding 50,000 people to have an MPO. KMPO was formed in 2003, to provide coordinated transportation planning within Kootenai county for the public, cities, small towns, the county, the state, transit providers, and the Coeur d'Alene tribe.

KMPO's Board of Directors oversees KMPO for Kootenai County, ID. KMPO's Executive Director and Staff are responsible for day-to-day operational and administrative needs.